Go Back   ZeldaPower Forums > Zelda Series > Home Console Zelda Games > Majora's Mask

Old Jul. 28, 2011, 03:13 PM   #1
mavman
Future MLB pro
Squire

Default Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Nintendo said if there is enough fans that want the game, they can remake it in 3D
Evidence:http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15950
mavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 28, 2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Rachael
das it mane
Triforce Legend

Default Re: Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

but but but

i don't give a shit
Rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 28, 2011, 03:43 PM   #3
mavman
Future MLB pro
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
but but but

i don't give a shit
I don't give rats ass what you think, just dont post then, loser...
mavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 28, 2011, 09:46 PM   #4
ajora's ask
My picture changes a lot
Bronze Legend

Is this not the coolest thing ever?
Old Jul. 28, 2011, 11:34 PM   #5
Kao
administrator
Platinum Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to Kao

That is beautiful. o_o
Kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 28, 2011, 03:31 PM   #6
Kao
administrator
Platinum Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to Kao

Personally, I think this could be cool. MM is a fantastic game, and if they gave it the same treatment they gave OoT 3D, I think it could end up being really amazing.
Kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul. 31, 2011, 07:23 PM   #7
beanDude
doesn't really like beans
Squire

Honestly, basing the decision of a 3DS Majora's Mask on an internet petition is kind of stupid. Just remake the damn game! It's possibly the best game sequel ever created (along with Half-Life 2)!

I don't have a 3DS yet, but all I can say is: Majora's Mask on 3DS would make money. I've talked to lots of people who are die-hard Ocarina fans who have never played Majora's Mask, but have always wanted to.
Old Aug. 8, 2011, 08:18 PM   #8
TriliteGeno
Peasant

Though it's not my favorite game in the world, I think you're right about it being the best sequel i the world. Though, have we factored in what Zelda II felt like from Zelda? We all think it sucks, but what about the people that played it when it first came out?

Anyway, I don't think making the damn game would be the best choice. Majora's Mask is one of the most argued games. There is almost no gray area. It's either the best think since sliced bread OR the worst thing in the world since they found out sliced bread molds faster. I'm in the gray area. I don't want to injure the creators of the game, but I don't worship them either. With that being said, they can't just make it. If they say "Ocarina did this good, let's do the same with Majora!" then they're screwed because half of the Ocarina players I know (which is a lot) hate the game. The other half love it. So, if they d the same thing with Majora, they get screwed out of selling half of their games.

Simple math. Too little is bad, too much is bad.
Old Sep. 13, 2011, 02:09 PM   #9
beanDude
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriliteGeno View Post
Though it's not my favorite game in the world, I think you're right about it being the best sequel i the world. Though, have we factored in what Zelda II felt like from Zelda? We all think it sucks, but what about the people that played it when it first came out?

Anyway, I don't think making the damn game would be the best choice. Majora's Mask is one of the most argued games. There is almost no gray area. It's either the best think since sliced bread OR the worst thing in the world since they found out sliced bread molds faster. I'm in the gray area. I don't want to injure the creators of the game, but I don't worship them either. With that being said, they can't just make it. If they say "Ocarina did this good, let's do the same with Majora!" then they're screwed because half of the Ocarina players I know (which is a lot) hate the game. The other half love it. So, if they d the same thing with Majora, they get screwed out of selling half of their games.

Simple math. Too little is bad, too much is bad.
Whoops, I forgot to mention another awesome game sequel: Portal 2. Either way, that's off-topic.

I stand with what I said above, but also, what I also forgot to point out is that games that do something different are always going to get a group of haters. Zelda II has always been a topic of debate. I've seen WindWaker bashed for it's beautiful art style. Phantom Hourglass for it's effective use of the DS's features, and Spirit Tracks for the train.

If anything, Majora's Mask still contains a ton of the elements that makes Ocarina amazing, and even increases the replay value of Ocarina itself. It's still Zelda.
Old Oct. 1, 2011, 03:24 PM   #10
ifm2181
Backpfeifengesicht
Triforce of Courage

Majora's Mask is already in 3D.
Old Oct. 2, 2011, 12:21 AM   #11
beanDude
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifm2181 View Post
Majora's Mask is already in 3D.
But we want it in 3D again! ...with even more 3D!
Old Oct. 2, 2011, 08:32 AM   #12
ifm2181
Backpfeifengesicht
Triforce of Courage

It's already in 3D. Like, still.
Old Oct. 26, 2011, 11:53 AM   #13
THE MOST EPIC NAME...EVER
Peasant

I think it'd be cool, I already signed it a week ago. If Nintendo remakes Majora's Mask they'd make alot of money, and it'd be perfect since Majora's Mask is a direct sequal from Ocarina of Time, and it's a fun and challenging game with a unique boss and plot.
THE MOST EPIC NAME...EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 12, 2011, 12:29 AM   #14
beanDude
Squire

Like I've said to a couple of my fellow music majors who have questioned me, I think that Majora's Mask deserves way more attention than it is getting or has ever gotten - simply because of the fact that out of every game I've played, I've seen Majora's Mask explore certain levels of a living, breathing game world, doing things that our current games haven't even come close to touching.

Plus, it's the sequel to freaking Ocarina of Time, a game that still holds up to it's hype. Majora's Mask offers an experience that draws on a player's previous experience with Link in Ocarina of Time. Nintendo should realize that they have an amazing game on their hands that deserves exposition to the 3DS crowd.

I love Ocarina of Time, and I want to see it's thought-provoking sequel get the same attention.
Old Nov. 25, 2011, 02:54 AM   #15
streamsofneon
Blink.
Peasant

Send a message via AIM to streamsofneon Send a message via MSN to streamsofneon Send a message via Skype™ to streamsofneon
Majora Re: Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanDude View Post
Like I've said to a couple of my fellow music majors who have questioned me, I think that Majora's Mask deserves way more attention than it is getting or has ever gotten - simply because of the fact that out of every game I've played, I've seen Majora's Mask explore certain levels of a living, breathing game world, doing things that our current games haven't even come close to touching.

Plus, it's the sequel to freaking Ocarina of Time, a game that still holds up to it's hype. Majora's Mask offers an experience that draws on a player's previous experience with Link in Ocarina of Time. Nintendo should realize that they have an amazing game on their hands that deserves exposition to the 3DS crowd.

I love Ocarina of Time, and I want to see it's thought-provoking sequel get the same attention.
I agree. MM wasn't my favorite of the series, but it was still a great game, and doesn't deserve to be as underrated as it is.
streamsofneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct. 19, 2013, 07:51 AM   #16
Mister Twig
Peasant

I bought a 3DS just for OOT and waiting patiently for Majora's Mask. Please make this happen Nintendo!
Mister Twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct. 19, 2013, 02:58 PM   #17
ajora's ask
My picture changes a lot
Bronze Legend

oh hey this

Honestly, if they're gonna give it the same treatment as OOT then it's gonna ruin the atmosphere of the game. The last thing Majora's Mask needs is more colors.