Go Back   ZeldaPower Forums > ZeldaPower > Gaming Chat

Old Jan. 26, 2017, 10:58 AM   #1
Tom
◥θ┴θ◤
Triforce of Wisdom

Default The ZP Overwatch Secret Club House

if you arent one of the zelda pals who rotates OW then GET OUT THIS THREAD ISNT FOR YOU BUZZ OFF GET LOST SCRAM

i wanna use this thread to post interesting things i read on the internet. for example, this miniature guide may be of interest for TK, or anyone else who dabbles in sombra:

Quote:
A got myself a smurf account to only play Sombra. The reason I made a smurf is because I know how people troll even before the game starts when they see a sombra in their team so I didn't want to throw my main's rank for reasons other than my own doing.

Anyway, got placed at 2670 after placements and now after 5 days I surpased my main's SR (3830) by playing Sombra only.

Here's what I noticed along the way and some tips:
  • At lower ranks people don't take advantage of EMPs even if you call it in voice before hand "I'm going to EMP, you guys ready?" - "Yep, go"... then 6 people hacked later they are still at the choke trying to get picks.
  • At higher ranks EMP has MASSIVE value, almost, if not, better than Graviton with the added advantage of having EMP literally every single fight, and sometimes two times in a single fight.
  • When enemy is EMPed go ALL IN. They are panicked, their plan is ruined, they can't use anything, and a lot of them even stop shooting making them literally free kills. Have absolutely no fear and go in. The most success I had was EMP > Nano Rein > Speed boost = team wipe over and over again. This works really well in the current meta since everyone is grouped like a ball, which makes 6 man emps almost a guarantee.
  • If Grav + EMP is used, DO NOT USE ANY OTHER ULTIMATES. 99% of the time you will wipe the enemy team with regular shots and abilities.

Now some Sombra tips:
  • A lot of people mention a strategy that involves rotating around the same healthpack all the time(hack pack > go in > translocate back). This is bad advice and puts you 99% of the time in a bad position when a teamfight occurs. Instead you should use the rotation until you get your ulti and then stay with the team behind rein's shield and get ready to EMP and cleanup. With some practice you can get your ulti up in less than a minute, sometimes even 30 seconds.
  • To get your ulti fast you should do the rotation with the sole purpose of getting the EMP. If you get a pick in the process, even better, if not translocate back when you're at 50% health. The most effective way is to find the roadhog > hack him > shoot his face for 6 seconds > translocate back and heal. That's 50%-80% ult charge in one go. If there's no roadhog, or he's not accessible, shoot another big target. If they have a zen ignore all targets and 1clip him then get out. Zen is the easiest target to kill and poses minimum threat.
  • This might sound controversial, but DON'T bother trying to solo kill Ana. Your damage is too low, her hitbox is insanely small, and she can easily heal up all your damage with 1 grenade or worse, put you to sleep only to see your translocate slowly tick away to zero then you're dead. Same goes for lucio, don't try to kill him, your most value comes out of EMPing the enemy team and cleaning up in the middle of the fight. Don't play sombra like tracer.
  • Understand your role as a support DPS. You're not there to get kills, but you're there to facilitate your team to get the kills. That doesn't mean she doesn't have kill potential, it just means that her main priority should be "how can I help my team kill their team" instead of "How can I kill that guy". This might sound strange, but you're kind of like Reinhart. He puts his shield up to help his team kill the enemy team. Then he earthshatters and relies on his team to do the cleanup along with him swinging. Same goes for sombra, you facilitate kills, and help get those kills after you exposed them.
  • For the love of god stop instantly saying "sombra pls switch" when the game hasn't even started. I'm sick and tired of putting a disclaimed before the game begins saying that I'm not trolling and I'm actually trying to win. The amount of people that threw games just because I pick Sombra is astounding. "Switch sombra or I troll"... then proceeds to pick torb on attack. Unfortunately, I'm in no position to tell him to switch from Torb, since I'm also playing an off-meta hero.
For closing remarks: Sombra is amazing on both offense and defense, and don't let anyone tell your otherwise. She can initiate pushes, and stop pushed in their tracks. The higher you are in rank, the more effective she is and the higher your winrate will be, even if that sounds counter intuitive.
Old Jan. 26, 2017, 09:17 PM   #2
freepooper
Professional Youtube
Silver Legend

Default Re: The ZP Overwatch Secret Club House

Yeah but she doesn't do any damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe the Great View Post
the only thing id like to say in regards to it is that like ive said before i think it bears reminding that white or i guess in this case cis babyism is a thing that shouldnt be trivialized
freepooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan. 27, 2017, 10:17 AM   #3
Tom
◥θ┴θ◤
Triforce of Wisdom

yeah i still secretly complain when someone picks her
Old Feb. 1, 2017, 12:37 PM   #4
Tom
◥θ┴θ◤
Triforce of Wisdom

Old Feb. 1, 2017, 01:12 PM   #5
TK
On The Origins Of RoboMod
Platinum Triforce Legend

he never filled in the last e in queue. he filled in every other closed hole, but he completely missed that one. it bugged me so much
Old Feb. 9, 2017, 07:41 PM   #6
Ryu-Gi
Banned
Silver Legend

Anybody else really enjoying the new update on the PTR? Customized gamemodes are fun as hell.
Ryu-Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb. 9, 2017, 08:20 PM   #7
TK
On The Origins Of RoboMod
Platinum Triforce Legend

no one plays ptr, ptr is for losers
Old Feb. 10, 2017, 07:25 AM   #8
Tom
◥θ┴θ◤
Triforce of Wisdom