Go Back   ZeldaPower Forums > ZeldaPower > Creativity Corner

Old Apr. 16, 2017, 07:35 PM   #1
Writers of Hyrule
Peasant

OotShield Looking to assemble a team

Hey there Hylians, Gorons, Zoras, Gerudo, and others,
We are the Writers Of Hyrule. We are currently hard at work on a project that is full of original content! There are 3 of us involved at the moment, but we'd really like to bring more people on board to share in the enjoyment of working on this project.

A bit of background, this story has a very deep storyline that is set over the ENTIRE Zelda timeline. This is not just your average, everyday "Fanfic." The way it is written and presented is intended to give the reader the feel of playing it as a game. For example, at the beginning of each chapter starting with chapter 3, there are objectives listed. I am posting a link to the Google Drive document so that you can see what I'm talking about. There is also artwork that has been created for each time the character (not Link, but a new character, and no, none of us are putting ourselves in the story) receives an important item. You will see this near the end of chapter 3 (Page 21).

This post is NOT about promotion. I need you guys to know that it genuinely makes me happy to share the enjoyment of working on such a big project with other people that are seriously interested in being involved.

My name is Josh, and I am the head of the project. I was inspired to start this after playing through Breath of the Wild (which I'm still playing, of course. Lots to do still!) and learning about an Ocarina of Time mod called Project 3rd Quest. If you haven't heard of that yet, I'd suggest checking it out. It will kick you right in the nostalgia: https://project3q.com/

So now, with that explanation out of the way, here is the link to the document. I'm looking for people to get involved with ideas, artwork, and even things as simple as coming on board to help me make the text flow as smoothly as possible for the reader. Give it a read, give it some thought, and if you're interested, let's get in touch!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Writers of Hyrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 16, 2017, 07:37 PM   #2
freepooper
Professional Youtube
Silver Legend

Default Re: Looking to assemble a team

Hey can I join?

here's an excerpt from a recent piece of fanfic I wrote

Quote:
Deep in Sherwood Forrest the Duke Thief Robin and his Merry Men sat around a fire trading stories of adventures. "nd' ats when aye bellowed ey may call me little john but I'm actually quite tall and I jumped from the tree, scared th' briches off of those two roustabouts aye did", While listening to Little John's Tale of Bravery Friar Tuck briefly loses his concentration and looks to a nearby thistle bush, by chance he spots a strange figure sillouhetted against the dark and instantly formulates a plan. "Oi mates oim gonna go take a piss", the jovial friar catches the duke-theif's eye and wordlessly motions to the dark figure. Just as The two men start positioning themselves to capture the interloper a cry rings out in the forrest "Hhhyyyyaaa", and another shorter this time "hya".

There's a clash of what sounds like metal on stone and the dark figure is pushed forward into the light of the fire by a flash of green. Even Robin and The good friar are taken aback by what they see, this shadow really just appears to be a shadow made man. "Hyyyaa" another clash, the flash of green revelead to be a man locked in pitched battle with... no it couldn't be. "Hyaaa" The Merry men can't believe their eyes the man in green appears to literally be fighting a dark shadow version of himself, blow for blow they seem to be equally matched in everyway, when suddenly. "HYAAAA" the man in green spins himself around two, three?, perchance even five!? times each time his now glowing blade finding purchase in the obsidian carapace of the shadow. The shadow falls defeated and the merry men stand breathless, the figure in green wordlessly sheaths his sword and puts his shield on his back with a practiced casualness.

"Hail and Well Met Brave Warrior" says robin offering his hand in friendship, The Green figure wordlessly shakes his hand and givs a nod of ackgnowledgment. "that was quite a feat of courage my friend, took real cojones" it was then that Robin finally got a good look at the figure's hat, a perfect green hat swaying on his beutiful aryan face. "My Friend may I ask perchance trade you my hat for yours? I've always dreamed of a simpler hat with which I could feel the wind". The man in green wordlessly removed his hat and offered it to him, Robin did the same and the two men traded hats. "haha This is quite a fantastic hat good sir I wonder if your tunic is made of as comforatble a fabric?" Robin and the man immediatly disrobe and trade their tunics. "oh my such finery and sewn for battle I can tell!" just then robin notices a flash of light near the man's ear, "why that earing is beautiful good sir, I'll trade you this locket with a picture of the fair Maid Marion for your ear piece my friend" while the two are exchanging trinkets Robin happens to glance the man's Boots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe the Great View Post
the only thing id like to say in regards to it is that like ive said before i think it bears reminding that white or i guess in this case cis babyism is a thing that shouldnt be trivialized
freepooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 16, 2017, 11:25 PM   #3
freepooper
Professional Youtube
Silver Legend

Hey just a quick question, who's zeal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe the Great View Post
the only thing id like to say in regards to it is that like ive said before i think it bears reminding that white or i guess in this case cis babyism is a thing that shouldnt be trivialized
freepooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 17, 2017, 07:42 AM   #4
Poe the Great
Πατριάρχης
Elite Triforce Legend

Send a message via MSN to Poe the Great

if i help you write this will you put my name on the cover

because you apparently havent done that for those other team members of yours

i mean when this thing gets picked up for a zelda movie script i dont want to get gypped
Originally Posted by Phil
we really should of just listened to poe and done diplomacy
Poe the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 22, 2017, 12:04 PM   #5
chumon
Mindless Wanderer
Peasant

Send a message via Skype™ to chumon

I could do some artwork for you if you need some done of anything ^^

\m/
chumon is offline   Reply With Quote