Go Back   ZeldaPower Forums > Zelda Series > Twilight Princess

Old Nov. 9, 2009, 09:20 PM   #8641
Shigeru
Global Moderator
Triforce Legend

Default Re: The Official Twilight Princess Community

I didn't notice. When'd you pick that up? Fun game. There's a lot of lazy programming and tons of flaws -- but it also has plenty of good parts. It seems as if there was a great thing going, hampered down by bad programmers. Sad, really. Ah well.

They don't take that long. You do realize where all of the bus stations are, right? Taking the bus is essentially warping. But if you take the long routes, you can pick up more diamonds, grab some fresh weapons, or just enjoy exploring the wilderness.
Shigeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 10, 2009, 09:08 PM   #8642
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

Yeah, I know about the bus stations. I've used'm. But yeah, the lazy programming shows, big time. With vehicles, jumping, and balancing of everything (like the mounted guns doing no damage at all)

lancol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 10, 2009, 10:58 PM   #8643
Shigeru
Global Moderator
Triforce Legend

Mounted guns to great damage, but you have to go to iron sights for them to be even slightly accurate. As with all of the guns in that game -- even the rocket launchers, sometimes. Ugh. The shotguns don't generally need to, though -- but perhaps that's because I always get really close before firing with those.

Jumping is pretty bad. You can't even jump out of the swamp boat without a running start, and that's pathetic. Oddly enough, a lot of diamonds require brave jumping techniques -- all about running to get the horizontal momentum.

Vehicles are pretty good, save for the physics on the boats and such. They will never tip over, not until they've simply become the "destroyed" physics props. I've tested it in the editor. Ah well.

However, the NPC's will constantly shoot me (and do damage) while looking in the exact opposite direction -- which means that their animations don't even try to match up with their targeting system. They'll also fail to realize that I'm right in front of them sometimes -- particularly when they're going to check out a whole slew of dead bodies. They'll run right past me, and I'll be like, "Wait, what?"

They had some good ideas going, though.
Old Nov. 10, 2009, 11:59 PM   #8644
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

indeed the same. But I always use iron sites, and the mounted guns are still crap.

You mean the boats will never tip over? Cuz I've tipped like 80 cars over.

Alot of diamond cases need good jumping. I've had to leave sooo many behind because I would spend like 10 minutes trying to jump on a crate. If Valve or someone did a clean-up on that game, it would be so much better.

What I ment with vehicles have extremely good traction, which isn't really a bad thing, you can just feel it when you're turning and stuff.

Old Nov. 11, 2009, 12:35 AM   #8645
Shigeru
Global Moderator
Triforce Legend

I dunno, maybe you just can't aim.

Boats never tip over. Cars will flip, but boats are physically incapable of staying flipped unless they get destroyed.

Well, the HL2 team, at least. Turtle Rock ain't doing so well if you ask me. But when it comes to simply jumping on crates, a sprint does the trick. It's jumping off of the skeletons of burnt-up trucks onto a piece of rock -- and then onto a shanty roof -- that's annoying.

Yeah, I like the vehicles. It's annoying in games like Halo, when you try to freakin' turn, and your car just decides to drive in the same direction while sideways. Too little traction in Warthogs, dang. That being said, maybe it's just the first person. Still, I like how if you hold down the brakes, the traction for the care lets up, which allows you to do full one-eighties and such.
Old Nov. 11, 2009, 10:59 AM   #8646
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

So I went to Gamestop today to pick up Harvest moon: Animal parade. They said they don't get the shipment untill this afternoon. Poodoo.

It also has that problem with you not being one with the boat, like once I was riding in a boat and I accidently hit E, so I stood up and I one couldn't move forward, and two started fazing through the back of the airboat. Not that big of a deal, but meh. Same thing would happen in HL2 so whatever.

Old Nov. 11, 2009, 11:36 AM   #8647
Triforce King
RoboMod Vs Godzilla
Platinum Triforce Legend

WHAT

WHAT

I COULD HAVE SWORN THAT WAS TOMORROW

WHAT

THEY GET IT TODAY

WHAT
Old Nov. 11, 2009, 12:54 PM   #8648
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

It's release date was yesterday. They told me they get the shipment this afternoon.

Old Nov. 11, 2009, 12:56 PM   #8649
Triforce King
RoboMod Vs Godzilla
Platinum Triforce Legend

And guess what? Most of my money is in change (which is enough with which to buy the game), and all the banks have decided no one needs to use their services on Veteran's Day. So I'm stuck with a jarful of coins and no chance at the game today. '

GYAAARGH
Old Nov. 11, 2009, 01:08 PM   #8650
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

Well you could show up with a jar of coins, that'd be pretty hilarious. Then count it up on the counter while a line accumulates behind you.

Old Nov. 11, 2009, 01:10 PM   #8651
Triforce King
RoboMod Vs Godzilla
Platinum Triforce Legend

Yeah I think they'd hate me for life and I'd never be able to shop there again.
Old Nov. 11, 2009, 02:23 PM   #8652
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

Well, I just got back from every store that might have it, and nobody had it. Best Buy said that they have it, but it's still in the truck and that it'll be a few hours before they unload and get everything in the store. Darn. Don't know why I bothered with K-Mart. K-Mart (atleast my K-mart) is the worst store ever.

Old Nov. 11, 2009, 02:46 PM   #8653
Triforce King
RoboMod Vs Godzilla
Platinum Triforce Legend

No, that's K-Mart in general.
Old Nov. 11, 2009, 04:11 PM   #8654
Shigeru
Global Moderator
Triforce Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancol View Post
It also has that problem with you not being one with the boat, like once I was riding in a boat and I accidently hit E, so I stood up and I one couldn't move forward, and two started fazing through the back of the airboat. Not that big of a deal, but meh. Same thing would happen in HL2 so whatever.
Hm, never actually had that happen to me. Whenever I jump outta the seat, I still seem to stay grounded to the moving boat. Either way, it's a fun game.

@ Current Topic:
Yeah, I remember back in Riverside, there was a K-Mart next to the Stater Bros. Heheh, I went in there to burn some time one day, checked out their gaming section. They still had a GBA. One that had apparently died a looong time ago.
Old Nov. 11, 2009, 04:33 PM   #8655
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

I read an article a bit ago that said that Natsume had shipped Animal Parade late. That sucks, cuz I don't know when I'm gonna get another chance to go out to Gamestop/Best Buy/Target.

Edit: On the bright side, we're getting an Olive Garden.

Edit 2.0: I finally got Animal Parade like an hour ago. My review from playing half an hour of it:

One complaint I'll get over: The frame rate isn't as stable as I'd like. The Wii needs to step it's game up, jumpy frame rates = not cool.
The beginning takes forever! You have to do the typical meet everyone beginning so that takes a while.
So this guy's like spoiler: "You want a calf?" and I'm like "Hell yes!" So the guy spoiler: is like "Here ya go" but he didn't give me any food. Now I'm scared to go to sleep cuz I don't have any fodder for it (stores closed)

They did fix some things from ToT that I'm happy about, for one, you don't run out of energy in like 2 uses of items in the beginning. Also, you can walk more freely... I guess you can say. At times it seems the camera angle jumps too fast but It's no big deal. What else... I was surprised to see a few turnips and other things pre-planted on my plot of land.

You might already know, but you get 4 choices of characters, rather than two. They're basically the same, but whatever. Well, I guess I'm gonna play a little more before I go to sleep.

Last edited by lancol; Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old Nov. 17, 2009, 03:29 PM   #8656
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

Double post because--- Wtf guys. There has to be somthing to report. Nobody did anything cool lately? Eh?

As for me:

Experienced my first HM: AP storm. Sucked. Destroyed half my crops.

I started making the game Lingo in programming. There was another game that it says to make (in the book), and it looked really boring. Teach said we can really program anything as long as it has the principles from the ones were supposed to do. The one were supposed to do is to guess the colors of blocks or somthing. It tells you if you got some right and stuff like that. I was like "That sounds sorta like Lingo" So I was like, Aw hell yeah. So now I've started making Lingo. Theres a couple obstacles in the future I see (Timers mostly), but hopefully I'll figure'm out.

Last edited by lancol; Nov. 17, 2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old Nov. 17, 2009, 04:06 PM   #8657
Shigeru
Global Moderator
Triforce Legend

If the program you were supposed to be writing was Mastermind, you are such a quitter and I am amazed at how awkwardly lax your teacher is. You should at least write Mastermind when it comes around a second time (I know it does, adding more features).

Anyway, I haven't really gotten any games recently. Y'know, cuz I'm poor.
Old Nov. 17, 2009, 04:35 PM   #8658
Triforce King
RoboMod Vs Godzilla
Platinum Triforce Legend

DAMN YOU LANCOL

DAMN YOU

I still haven't managed to find the game anywhere.
Old Nov. 18, 2009, 06:28 PM   #8659
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

It's still not at my local stores. My dad picked it up for me on the way back from dropping off my lil brother in Pennsylvania to visit Grandparents.

Mastermind? It was some dumb game where you guess the color of blocks. Lingo is like 90 times more cool and better. How's that make me a quitter though? On another note, it seems like every time we're on the subject of programming, you attack me or my programs. Wtf man.

Old Nov. 19, 2009, 02:09 AM   #8660
Shigeru
Global Moderator
Triforce Legend

I'm not talking about fun, I'm talking about programming principles. Mastermind is important for the logic involved, and if you do it right, you can even work in some object arrays.

As for why I've been hard on you, I've seen very little form/organization in your programs. That's dangerous -- not only if you intend to work on large-scale programs, but if you intend to program with other people (which happens a lot, in the programming biz).