Go Back   ZeldaPower Forums > General Area > Advertising

Old Jan. 13, 2009, 02:50 AM   #1
Spexfox
Zelda Coalition Staff
Peasant

Send a message via AIM to Spexfox Send a message via Skype™ to Spexfox
Talking News About Zelda Coalition/ZSO

For those of you who might be curious just what kind of chaos has been going on at Zelda Coalition recently, I thought I would let you all in what's going on.

For one, the site is no longer administrated by the old staff of MNGoldenEagle, Elem3ntal or the like. After losing the krahs site and reverting to a invision free board for a while, me and HarroSIN had become tired of waiting for something to happen so the site would get on its feet again. As a result we purchased a new domain name and web space to set up a new site. This went well for a while until someone had dropped our forum's tables from the database (allegedly HarroSIN did this for reasons I'll explain in a few minutes). After a week or so of frustration and trying to reteive a backup of our forums, we settled on restoring an old backup from our previous Simple Machines based forums. We had also moved hosting to something more personal for tighter security with a new domain.

Shortly after this the site was attacked again, this time with solid evidence that HarroSIN was responsible for it. After getting tired of the constant security breaches and loosing all trust in HarroSIN, I talked with Cendamos and it was decided that Zelda 64 hacking discussion and material would be moved to his server and domain, Zelda64.net, with affiliation to Zelda Coalition.

*takes a deep breath* NOW comes the advertising part of this.

So, the end result is that Zelda Coalition will now be reconstructed as a more open Zelda website, delivering content to fans and hackers with wide Zelda interests (such as the older games or the Gamecube/Wii ones, etc). The community that used to be attached to the site is linked directly from our current forums which is, as I said, zelda64.net.

So, tl,dr; I'm here to inform people about what's been going on and that I'm attempting to gather supporters for the new site. I'd really like for Zelda Power to be listed as an affiliate on the new site and vice-versa. Currently the site is, of course, under construction but is going well. A site theme is in the works so you won't have to look at the default forum theme for very long and I'll be working on some interesting, community-based features.

So it'd probably help to have a URL to the site at this point, right? =P You can find it here:

http://www.zelda-coalition.com (NOT .net as it previously was)

Maybe I should copy this post into notepad >.> something tells me it'll be a pain to put all this in other forums. Anyway post here if you've got questions or comments!

Last edited by Spexfox; Jan. 13, 2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Adding more detail to title.
Spexfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan. 13, 2009, 03:10 AM   #2
Niroht
Pokemon Monk
Triforce of Wisdom

Send a message via Yahoo to Niroht
Default Re: News About Zelda Coalition

I didn't know we were affiliates with ZC or that anyone went there, but cool I guess.
Old Jan. 13, 2009, 03:16 AM   #3
Spexfox
Zelda Coalition Staff
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niroht View Post
I didn't know we were affiliates with ZC or that anyone went there, but cool I guess.
I should explain that ZC is formerly ZSO (which is still in the affiliates, though the link is dated.) When we built the new site we decided that since the focus we more community based it would be best to drop the title Zelda's Secret Ocarina for the more brief and simple Zelda Coalition. Zelda Coalition was the name of the forums on ZSO so it was a good fit.

^ Site currently under construction. But the forums are up and we could use the community's help building!
Old Jan. 13, 2009, 03:22 AM   #4
Niroht
Pokemon Monk
Triforce of Wisdom

Oh, ZSO I've heard once or twice yeah. If you want to be relisted as an affiliate you'll probably want to e-mail one of the site admins (such as KoSoVaR or Kao) directly, our site admins very rarely actually visit the forums.
Old Jan. 13, 2009, 03:31 AM   #5
Spexfox
Zelda Coalition Staff
Peasant

Quote:
Oh, ZSO I've heard once or twice yeah. If you want to be relisted as an affiliate you'll probably want to e-mail one of the site admins (such as KoSoVaR or Kao) directly, our site admins very rarely actually visit the forums.
I'll be sure to do that then. Thanks for the tip!

^ Site currently under construction. But the forums are up and we could use the community's help building!
Old Jan. 15, 2009, 12:48 AM   #6
Kao
administrator
Platinum Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to Kao

Congrats on the move and good luck with the new site! I'll update the ZSO affiliation link on ZP to go to this new Zelda Coalition site instead. Please add us to your affiliates list, too!

Quote:
our site admins very rarely actually visit the forums.
I'm on here all the time..
Kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan. 15, 2009, 12:57 AM   #7
Niroht
Pokemon Monk
Triforce of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kao View Post
You lie! YOU LIE!
Old Jan. 15, 2009, 01:56 AM   #8
Spexfox
Zelda Coalition Staff
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kao View Post
Congrats on the move and good luck with the new site! I'll update the ZSO affiliation link on ZP to go to this new Zelda Coalition site instead. Please add us to your affiliates list, too!

I'll be sure to do it...^.^; as soon as we have a place to put affiliate links.

UPDATE: Link has been added!

Last edited by Spexfox; Jan. 16, 2009 at 12:54 AM.