Old Apr. 13, 2009, 09:50 PM   #801
Linko_16
Playing Nintendo.
Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to Linko_16
Default Re: Ryu-Gi's Official Art Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harusgurl_rayna View Post
Then ignore him, it's not that difficult.
Uh, no. Thanks.
Linko_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 09:51 PM   #802
Lord Evan
I don't know the month
Platinum Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to Lord Evan Send a message via MSN to Lord Evan Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harusgurl_rayna View Post
Then ignore him, it's not that difficult.
Sorry, doesn't work that way.
Lord Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 09:52 PM   #803
harusgurl_rayna
Kell
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Evan View Post
Its kind of hard to ignore someone when they post ten threads a day, and when they quote you in their sig with the obvious intention of provoking you. If something you are doing is upsetting people, you should do the decent thing and stop doing it. Thats how the world should work. He did not, the balance was upset and the result you see is here.

Also, I don't lurk, I hold myself to be better than that.
And he created this thread to post his art like you told him to.
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 09:58 PM   #804
Zugz
Averagely Undead
Gold Legend

Zugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 10:03 PM   #805
Niroht
Pokemon Monk
Triforce of Wisdom

Send a message via Yahoo to Niroht

Okay, Tolstoy can wait, his stuff is way too ****ing long anyway. Here I go.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
First, everybody that's been regularly bashing Ryu-gi. Guys, back off. Seriously, it's gone on long enough. I can completely understand and emphasize a reactionary response when he was still making a new topic for every little thing and talking about how great the sexual characteristics of his characters were, but take a look at yourselves and him. He's been putting his new stuff in this one topic, granted the mods had to tell him to do it, but still. You guys don't have to come to the topic if it pisses you off that much. And admit it, he's gotten better about the descriptions and details of his characters. Do you really expect him to design completely different characters and do a completely different style overnight? Rome wasn't built in a day, give the kid a break. It seems like you like to pick on him when there isn't a different resident butt monkey to troll. How about this: leave Ryu-gi's topic alone if you dislike it that much, or if your input has already been said by somebody else. If you're that eager for a punching bag, go ahead and troll me. I don't mind if it will reduce the loldrama around here.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
Next, Legendseeker and Harus. You two have good intentions I know, but do keep in mind that this is a conflict that has been going on for quite some time and there is significant backstory that you two may not be aware of. Read a few older topics, PM other members that are uninvolved, do some research to make sure where you stand. Yes, Ryu doesn't really need to be attacked anymore, but you don't solve the problem by throwing off overly emotive posts. Again, I know you have good intentions, but tone down the emotion a bit and you'll fare much better.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
Ryu, I don't know if you're going to read this. Some of the criticisms that have been stated are accurate in some regards. I know you have your own style, but I encourage you to keep your audience in mind. The audience at ZP is half female, and the male half tend to find more modest women attractive. That also applies to real women who go overboard. Show the men of ZP a picture of a woman with a B or C cup and one with a DD cup who is equally shaped and sized in every other regard and I'm willing to bet that the one that gets the best reception will be the former, especially if the DD has implants. It's important as an artist to keep that in mind. If you want to draw scantily clad women with hourglass figures, that's perfectly fine, but I'd recommend showing those pictures to DA and Knox's Corner, not ZP. Also, I do agree that you may want to look into a blog. Your posting style lends itself more to a blog than a forum.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
Mods, I know this is a complicated situation but could you please give equal explanation and treatment to all sides of an argument, not just punish the antagonists? The problem won't go away unless you do.

tl;dr everybody can stop *****ing and stop fighting, there's no reason to be doing it anymore aside from

[insert "Someone is WRONG on the internet" XKCD here]

Last edited by Niroht; Apr. 16, 2009 at 04:29 PM.
Niroht is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 10:04 PM   #806
Lord Evan
I don't know the month
Platinum Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to Lord Evan Send a message via MSN to Lord Evan Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Evan

Yes, dear Zombie, your thoughts were made quite clear several posts ago, sweetie.

But I suppose my thoughts on the matter have been made clear as well.

so *CASE CLOSED*
Lord Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 10:16 PM   #807
harusgurl_rayna
Kell
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niroht View Post

First, everybody that's been regularly bashing Ryu-gi. Guys, back off. Seriously, it's gone on long enough. I can completely understand and emphasize a reactionary response when he was still making a new topic for every little thing and talking about how great the sexual characteristics of his characters were, but take a look at yourselves and him. He's been putting his new stuff in this one topic, granted the mods had to tell him to do it, but still. You guys don't have to come to the topic if it pisses you off that much. And admit it, he's gotten better about the descriptions and details of his characters. Do you really expect him to design completely different characters and do a completely different style overnight? Rome wasn't built in a day, give the kid a break. It seems like you like to pick on him when there isn't a different resident butt monkey to troll. How about this: leave Ryu-gi's topic alone if you dislike it that much, or if your input has already been said by somebody else. If you're that eager for a punching bag, go ahead and troll me. I don't mind if it will reduce the loldrama around here.

Next, Legendseeker and Harus. You two have good intentions I know, but do keep in mind that this is a conflict that has been going on for quite some time and there is significant backstory that you two may not be aware of. Read a few older topics, PM other members that are uninvolved, do some research to make sure where you stand. Yes, Ryu doesn't really need to be attacked anymore, but you don't solve the problem by throwing off overly emotive posts. Again, I know you have good intentions, but tone down the emotion a bit and you'll fare much better.

I just thought it was time for people to just lay off a bit, and i respect everyones opinions, I hope things can start calming down now and posts will start becoming a bit more positive. I'm sorry i over reacted but I am not going to take back anything I said.
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 10:17 PM   #808
Linko_16
Playing Nintendo.
Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to Linko_16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niroht View Post
Do you really expect him to design completely different characters and do a completely different style overnight?
You do not know what you are talking about. Thanks so much.

itt people who have no understanding of an argument between a small group of people judge, reprimand and advise them all thoroughly from their pedestals of wisdom.
Linko_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 10:19 PM   #809
Legendseeker
The Deathbringer
Peasant

Send a message via AIM to Legendseeker

I suppose you are right Niroht. I've seen people get dogged on for the amusement of others and it has always made me mad. acting this way doesn't solve everything. but I think we could all get along if we weren't diving at each others throat with insults and rude remarks that need not be said. that is my final imput. now it's up to the ones who insult to decide what they should do

Use the scrollbar to view the rest of this signature.
Legendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 10:19 PM   #810
Niroht
Pokemon Monk
Triforce of Wisdom

Send a message via Yahoo to Niroht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linko_16 View Post
You do not know what you are talking about. Thanks so much.

itt people who have no understanding of an argument between a small group of people judge, reprimand and advise them all thoroughly from their pedestals of wisdom.
lolkk. Thanks a lot for elaborating so that corrections may be made.
Old Apr. 13, 2009, 11:48 PM   #811
Rachael
das it mane
Triforce Legend

Oh God, this is just hilarious, especially when Ben threatened to strangle people.

Guys, really, just leave the kid to pick his own poison. If he doesn't want to make some changes and add some variation to his tired style, let him. Clearly, you're not doing anything to help the situation, so take a back seat and watch the fireworks.

Seriously, if you hate him that much, exercise your ignore button. If Palkia and his troupe of trolls has shown us anything, it's that the ignore button can be effective if you just use the damned thing.

And with that, back to doing other, more important things. Like typing a paper that was due three days ago.
Rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 14, 2009, 01:17 AM   #812
Tom
Triforce of Wisdom

I, for one, don't think we troll Ryu-Gi enough. I think we've been slacking recently, actually. A little more effort guys, c'mon. I'm really disappointed to see you all acting like this.

Edit Also @Mind: I'm sorry but every time you post it doesn't ever seem like you're forming an original thought. You could at least form, like, a catch phrase to prevent your posts from being mentally tossed aside as drywall
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 14, 2009, 03:17 AM   #813
ifm2181
Backpfeifengesicht
Triforce of Courage

This thread has taught me much.

- People who know nothing of the situation hate people who know nothing of the situation.
- 'Ignore it' comes from people who could've just 'ignored it', or who are blind, I'm not sure which.
- Critiquing and encouraging evolution of the mind is not only bananable, but also unwarranted.
- Mind needs a catch phrase. Too bad 'Oh Beans!' is taken.
- This **** is serious business.
Old Apr. 14, 2009, 07:11 AM   #814
Rachael
das it mane
Triforce Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecheetah View Post
Edit Also @Mind: I'm sorry but every time you post it doesn't ever seem like you're forming an original thought. You could at least form, like, a catch phrase to prevent your posts from being mentally tossed aside as drywall
It's kind of hard to have an original thought on a subject that is basically all black and white with no gray, unless you would rather me say something involving Warhammer or whatever the lot of you never shut the **** up about.

Really, I wish I could give less of a ****, but I can't. Unlike half of the idiots we get here, Ryu actually has the potential to improve, but he's got his head too high in the ****ing clouds to realize this, and constant berating and trolling most likely won't bring him back down to our level.

Sad, but true.

typos = posting from my phone and i'm too lazy to fix them
Old Apr. 14, 2009, 07:14 AM   #815
Tom
Triforce of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLink7 View Post

I'm sorry, what'd you say?
Old Apr. 14, 2009, 07:17 AM   #816
Rachael
das it mane
Triforce Legend

typos = posting from my phone and i'm too lazy to fix them
Old Apr. 14, 2009, 07:18 AM   #817
Tom
Triforce of Wisdom

Quote:
Okay, fair enough, I can understand your point, but I just don't see what abortions have to do with anything
Old Apr. 14, 2009, 10:53 AM   #818
ifm2181
Backpfeifengesicht
Triforce of Courage

Hold thine dick there cheetah, I think see something written on that drywall. They're doing that invisible lemon juice trick. Let me try to decipher it with my ring of cryptology + at least 100...

Quote:
Really, I wish I could give less of a ****, but I can't. Unlike half of the idiots we get here, Ryu actually has the potential to improve, but he's got his head too high in the ****ing clouds to realize this, and constant berating and trolling most likely won't bring him back down to our level.
See, this is actually correct. However, the cruel nudge of criticism will have to come from somewhere at some point. Everyone who lives in the clouds has to hit the ground at some point. I believe it's best that the cruel nudge come from people he at least remotely knows at the present, rather than actual prospective employers in the future, after much more habit has crusted over. And having yes men tell you constantly that it's good even if they know it's not doesn't help, getting both positive and negative comments is a much better guage.
"They all look the god damn same, this predictable tripe. Improve and try drawing this instead..." is far better than ignoring everyone and finally running to an interview, handing in your folder of stuff and hearing "No, no, no... you're just not what we're lookin' for kid!" from some grizzled beatnik in a beret (not you, Linko, we love you too much <3).

Artists have to get used to every kind of criticism, because they're going to be hearing it for the rest of their lives. But they also have to take into account the things even the most absurd complaints are coming from. If a ****load of people yell at you about tits looking weird, and you think they look fine, you should still take into account that maybe the tits do look weird. Try changing them slightly and see if either opinions have changed on them.
Remember that art for media is partially about crowd-pleasing as well as self-pleasing. If your audience is torn on whether it looks like **** or not, try a little change that you're still comfortable with and see what people think. It's part of the artistic process.
If you're making a painting of nothing like the garbage in museums, then you don't have to give a **** what people think because some shmuck is still pay millions for it so it can be a load-bearing painting.

/drywall of text

Last edited by ifm2181; Apr. 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
ifm2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 14, 2009, 12:42 PM   #819
f
a.k.a. Fuzzy
Silver Legend

Wow. I'm surprised the mods didn't clean this thread up or something. Anyway, I was going to say something about tough love, etc, but everyone's already said everything for me. Thanks guys

☆。・゜゜・。★゜・。。・゜☆。・゜゜★。・゜゜・。☆゜・。。・゜★
f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr. 14, 2009, 01:17 PM   #820
ifm2181
Backpfeifengesicht
Triforce of Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz Amir of Kinjab View Post
Wow. I'm surprised the mods didn't clean this thread up or something. Anyway, I was going to say something about tough love, etc, but everyone's already said everything for me. Thanks guys
No prob.
/highfive