Go Back   ZeldaPower Forums > Zelda Series > Handheld Zelda Games > Spirit Tracks

Old Oct. 28, 2009, 08:48 PM   #21
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

Default Re: I'm worried zelda's becoming too modernized

Oh what? You apologize to her but never me. Hmpf.

I'll get over it.

I think PH is good. It brought alot of game to the DS. The DS has a lot of crappy games, PH is a surprisingly big game for a handheld device, they did a good job, and really, not only are technological advances a good thing (and are bound to happen in any civilization) there really isn't any technological advances in PH. I don't know what the boat runs on (probably magic) but it still isn't some technologically advanced thing. There is really nothing else in it that is questionably a technological advancement, as magic does not count, cuz it's fictional.
I'm interested in playing Spirit tracks, I'm not a big on trains, but it still looks pretty good. Story should be interesting atleast.

lancol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct. 28, 2009, 08:55 PM   #22
Triforce King
RoboMod 3D
Platinum Triforce Legend

Send a message via MSN to Triforce King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancol View Post
Oh what? You apologize to her but never me. Hmpf.
Well I -mean- it when I'm rude to you.
Old Oct. 28, 2009, 09:14 PM   #23
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

Awww, Not cool.

You jokester you.

Old Oct. 29, 2009, 11:58 AM   #24
Gizmo
Global Moderator
Gold Legend

While I don't mind Link riding trains or sailing boats, or commanding space craft for all I care, I do mind the direction Nintendo is pushing the series in.

What the series really needs is to flow with the time. We don't need Zelda to be saved anymore, we don't need to wade through tons of lines of text. Nintendo needs to make the series more appealing to the current generation of gamers.

This might sound strange, but in a way I feel that Fallout 3 was the sequel for OoT we'd been waiting for for 10 years. An immersive story, up to date graphics, a huge landmass to discover... I hadn't been so much into a game since OoT. Now I don't mean to say that Zelda should be about a post-apocolyptic world (although, in a way, that's what Wind Waker was), but I just wish that Nintendo would, for once, open their eyes and make a genuine effort for their core audience for a change.

They can do it. Mario Galaxy was fantastic, and so was SSBB. Now it's Zelda's turn.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct. 29, 2009, 01:26 PM   #25
Miss M.
Peasant

Send a message via AIM to Miss M. Send a message via Skype™ to Miss M.

Eh.

Considering it's a game set in a -fantasy- world, I guess it shouldn't matter.

I mean, i'm a zelda fan, and even I scoffed at the idea of link riding a train in spirit tracks. It might suck, it might not.

I'll probably end up buying it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce King
Aaand on cartoonish graphics and TP ruining them for you, I'm going to voice my opinion that TP's more realistic graphics weren't all that special - in fact, somewhat generic - as far as realistic graphics go. And furthermore go to add that cartoonish graphics have gone to be what defined some of my favorite games - again, Wind Waker, but also games like Okami. Those 'cartoonish' games were unbound and free to do what they would, unlike games bound by relative realism, and became to me the most visually pleasing of any game, far surpassing any 'realistic' graphics.
I never understood why people disliked the "cartoony" cel-shaded graphics of the windwaker. I thought they were quite original and fluid-looking. TP's graphics look nice, but then again TP has a "darker" feel and WW has a lighter more playful feel, due to the different storylines.

Last edited by Miss M.; Oct. 29, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
Miss M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct. 29, 2009, 03:55 PM   #26
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

Speakin of original, when is the last time Nintendo has put out a good original game like Pikmen? Maybe it's just me, but I can't recall.

I don't think Nintendo really does the "dark" category, as sad as it is. I wish we could get another MM like game, except... without the time limit.

Old Nov. 2, 2009, 12:53 AM   #27
Colonel Caboose
This is ZP not Sparta!!!
Bronze Legend

I was actually talking to one of my friends about that, the dark part I mean. Nintendo is the gaming company that focuses I think on the more jolly sort of side, not a bunch of blood and viloence. Though I'm sure they have made a couple of games, but not compared to other companies, like the people who brought us GTA. Though now you've made me think what would happen if they made a real bloody guts and gore zelda game for more of the older public? A game that would make Link look like this

Colonel Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 2, 2009, 06:23 AM   #28
~(xTwighlight_Katesx)~
"Random is induvidual!"
Knight

Send a message via MSN to ~(xTwighlight_Katesx)~

I read all this with great interest I must say, personnally I agree with both main sides of this argument if you we put it in an arguing context. Yes Zelda is becoming more advanced and futuristic and I think that it shoud stay where it is back in the medievil ages or older times that it was originally based in but at the same time I think that it hasent hurt too add some modern touches and twists and flares to the new games too keep them interesting. I can't remember where the cartoon effect of WW came in but at first myself I doubted it would be good but it turned out to but one of my favorite games in the Zelda series.

P.S Interesting topic Zeldork give yourself a pat on the back!!
Old Nov. 2, 2009, 11:38 AM   #29
Muffin Mage
says fuck in every post
Elite Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to Muffin Mage

Let's talk about terms for a sec. What do you mean by "modern" versus "medieval?" What is "dark?" Why is it preferable to "cartoony," and are there times when it might not be? If you're going to try to have an intelligent discussion about this shit, let's make sure you know what you're saying.

blog
Muffin Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 2, 2009, 11:13 PM   #30
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

Who are we talkin to? Cuz I'm pretty sure most of us (at least on this page) didn't mention dark being preferable to cartoony. Just sayin. Could be on another page, I just read this one.

Old Nov. 5, 2009, 09:50 PM   #31
Axis
Knight

Haven't you guys noticed how advanced TP was? I mean, for example, the Gorons were able to make an advanced mining physicality with cranes and stuff in a freaking volcano. They may be able to last in extremely hot conditions, but their mining physicality was still advanced.
Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 5, 2009, 10:02 PM   #32
lancol
Representative
Bronze Legend

Wait, did you mean facility or did you actually mean physicality? Cuz I really don't know what your talking about.

Old Nov. 10, 2009, 10:23 PM   #33
Jaden
The Hero Of Time
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep As Is View Post
Haven't you guys noticed how advanced TP was? I mean, for example, the Gorons were able to make an advanced mining physicality with cranes and stuff in a freaking volcano. They may be able to last in extremely hot conditions, but their mining physicality was still advanced.
I agree with the gorons, but the game itself still was overall medieval like, which is why I liked it. lol

For tutorials on how to do zelda on RM2K3 and RMXP, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/AdmiralJaden

You can also contact me and make requests at http://thezeldaforum.freeforums.org
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 11, 2009, 02:44 AM   #34
The Teej
Administrator
administrator
Elite Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to The Teej Send a message via MSN to The Teej

Judging by the latest trailer I'd say it's anything but modern, lol.

~Random Thread button returning soon~
The Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 11, 2009, 09:13 PM   #35
Colonel Caboose
This is ZP not Sparta!!!
Bronze Legend

I agree to that.
Colonel Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 11, 2009, 11:23 PM   #36
Jaden
The Hero Of Time
Peasant

I hear you get an instrument too, that'll be nice.

For tutorials on how to do zelda on RM2K3 and RMXP, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/AdmiralJaden

You can also contact me and make requests at http://thezeldaforum.freeforums.org
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 12, 2009, 04:18 AM   #37
ifm2181
Backpfeifengesicht
Triforce of Courage

The instrument is obviously a train whistle.
Old Nov. 28, 2009, 09:25 PM   #38
zeldork
Rated M for Everyone
Squire

One thing that I forgot to remember (or remembered to forget) was that the Link I grew up with hasn't changed at all. Wind Waker and PH (although forced too much repitition) were my favorite games of the current milleneum while oot will remain my true fav forever. A 1997 baby, I became wondered by the beautiful GAME OVER screens I was too young to read. OOt Link is my little brother. BUT PH, WW, AND ST AREN'T MY ZELDA. The ds came before my wii, and I felt a wonder not matched until I swung my first wii remote. I had been detatched from all video games between Smash bros. melee and PH. I felt that I could save the Fair Princess Zel- I mean Tetra- Again in a new Hyrule Field, The Ocean Blue. But I'd be happier than ever if there was a recreation of the N64 Zelda formulas on ds. They did it for Mario^$. ITS UNFAIR!!!!!!!!
Old Nov. 28, 2009, 09:42 PM   #39
Kao
administrator
Platinum Triforce Legend

Send a message via AIM to Kao

I think it's best to take each Zelda game as it's own unique and wonderful experience. If you want a new Zelda game to perfectly recapture those emotions you felt when playing Ocarina of Time, then you'll always be disappointed!
Kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov. 28, 2009, 11:26 PM   #40
Link8879
Peasant

Send a message via AIM to Link8879

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifm2181 View Post
The instrument is obviously a train whistle.
The instrument is not a train whistle, but a pan pipe.

And I see how one could see the series becoming more modern, which could cause it to lose its flair. I just Hope Nintendo does not go much further than trains.
Link8879 is offline   Reply With Quote